My first rendezvous with Quinoa….I know it looks bad now, but………..
Who said it has to be love at first sight?
Yep, that’s a mexican quinoa & beef stuffed bell pepper…and yes of a matter of fact it was good….and it was also my very own recipe! Read on if you’d like to have a little rendezvous of your own…just trust me on the love at first sight thing!
1/2 C. of quinoa (cooked in microwave per directions..You might wanna use a large bowl..unless of course you wanna give your microwave a good cleaning!)
1/2 lb of ground beef
1/2 c. of salsa
chipotle seasoning (about 1 tsp)
garlic powder (about 1 tsp)
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 small chopped onion
olive oil (1 Tbs)
4 bell peppers (cored & tops cut off)
shredded cheese (about 1/4 C)
1. Cook Quinoa in microwave while browning onions & beef in olive oil
2. Add Quinoa to beef & onions and then add salsa & spices
3. Stuff bell peppers with meat mixture and then place peppers in a foil lined baking pan filled with about 1/4 cup of water
4. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 12-15 minutes
5. Top with shredded cheese and bake for another 6-8 minutes
I served these with black beans warmed with a little bacon grease….YUM!
2 Comments Add yours
The first pic I was thinking, uh oh…but it looks really good. Can you describe the taste?
The texture is basically like rice, but round in form. The taste is a lot like couscous in that it takes on the flavor of what you’re cooking with it….Well, that’s my take on it anyhow! I’ve only cooked with it just the once, but I’m going to be trying lots of different things with it. Next up will probably be a veggie pilaf…..don’t ask me what exactly a pilaf is, all I know is there is a recipe for it on the box! 🙂