My first rendezvous with Quinoa….I know it looks bad now, but………..
Who said it has to be love at first sight?
Yep, that’s a mexican quinoa & beef stuffed bell pepper…and yes of a matter of fact it was good….and it was also my very own recipe! Read on if you’d like to have a little rendezvous of your own…just trust me on the love at first sight thing!
1/2 C. of quinoa (cooked in microwave per directions..You might wanna use a large bowl..unless of course you wanna give your microwave a good cleaning!)
1/2 lb of ground beef
1/2 c. of salsa
chipotle seasoning (about 1 tsp)
garlic powder (about 1 tsp)
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 small chopped onion
olive oil (1 Tbs)
4 bell peppers (cored & tops cut off)
shredded cheese (about 1/4 C)
1. Cook Quinoa in microwave while browning onions & beef in olive oil
2. Add Quinoa to beef & onions and then add salsa & spices
3. Stuff bell peppers with meat mixture and then place peppers in a foil lined baking pan filled with about 1/4 cup of water
4. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 12-15 minutes
5. Top with shredded cheese and bake for another 6-8 minutes
I served these with black beans warmed with a little bacon grease….YUM!